Sunday 4 October 2009

A Sign

.....

God told me very directly: Don’t treat her any different from your other friends. In my case, that’s the best possible advice. I’ll tell you why: I like her so much, it’s almost as if she’s the only girl that matters to me now. But I don’t know whether she likes me or not. Let’s say she does not. Then the best thing for me to do is obey God and do as He says, so that our friendship does not turn into an awkward experience. But what if she likes me too? Well, thing is, with mutual liking (“we love one another”), is that enough reason to get together? I seriously think that we should only get together if God obviously tells us to. Until then, I’m not treating her any different. There’s one more complication: To be honest, I am having 2nd thoughts. Do I really like her, or is this just infatuation / lust? I better not blindly follow my instincts only to end up breaking her heart and mine (and God’s). Even if I do really like her, I actually ought to set her free on whatever course God has planned for her, instead of being ultra-possessive about her. So in all cases, it goes back to following God’s advice. God, You’re the best!

.....

1 comment:

melwy said...

it's always interesting to read about ur view regarding this matter..
guys do think alot before taking any action huh?

and reli salute u for ur self-control and obedience..

hmm, just wondering, when will this come to an end then? What are the clear signs that u r expecting before u initiate anything? How is the girl suppose to know that u fancy her? (cos if she doesnt, she can't respond to u isnt it?)