Tuesday 6 October 2009

Which way is it?

A contemplation.

My MARA scholarship to study Medicine in Melbourne.
Is it God's blessing, or just a reward for my effort? Does God have to come into the picture, do I have to attribute it to Him? Can't it happen without His intervention? Or maybe...could it be a combination of both His blessing and my effort?

I applied for MARA instead of JPA.
MARA means: no 10-year contract at home, just a generously discounted payment, and the choice of Melbourne Uni. What about JPA? Apart from the contract, it would probably mean no choice of destination (UK/Ire/Aus/NZ). Here's what happened when I filled in the online form: I put JPA, tried printing it, but the official stamp was not there. I changed to MARA a few days later, and then it printed correctly. If I did not change it (can change it max 3X), it would not have gone through. Again, the question is, was it God or just me? Could any Form 5 leaver have done this without divine guidance?

The vision of triple-H1's (by credit points) came true. So did the double H1's.
It's not exactly how you would predict it; but then again I've realised that God surprises me a lot. In 1st Sem '08, I saw the triple-H1 vision. It came through when I got eighty percent for NDM in 2nd Sem. To complicate matters, during 2nd Sem, I had gotten another vision of double H1's (meaning worth straight 4 H1's for us meds). So the double H1's did not come to pass in 2nd Sem. But guess what my 3rd Sem '09 result was? *Wink* Question: Was it really God who came through to seem as if He's fulfilling what He showed to me? Or did I do it within my human capacity? Now I can't say that I generated the vision on my own. Because, for goodness' sake, I wanted 4 H1's in 2nd Sem, not just 3! But I saw 3! I can't help it, but this is a real testimony for my faith - a miracle.

2 comments:

APRIL RD said...

Well....God willa lways be there when u ask (even if u don't ask) He will always gv u wht ever u deserved..just stand still with ur faith...remember God is our utmost priority k....Gid bless u :)

Sitie BUm BUm said...

it doesn't matter what u choose, just give it your best