Sunday 16 October 2011

Sudden healing

Wed 05.10.11

Fever, tiredness, aches and pains

I’m not sure when the symptoms started. It was probably around 11am this morning, when I was in placement. I felt cold, weak and my muscles were slightly aching with a severity of 1/10. Everything gradually worsened. In the afternoon, my ear temperature was between 37.9 to 38.3°C (normal is lower than 37.5). My medical student friend was interviewing me like a patient. A nurse asked if I wanted some Panadol but I stayed away from it.

I wondered if the cleaning and scaling I had earlier in the morning at the dentist’s had caused a transient bacteraemia – I started getting worried about sepsis and endocarditis.

Throughout the day, I was tired. In the train to the city (for prayer meet), I couldn’t read or focus; I could only drop my head down and rest. I was also silently praying all the while.

At 6pm during PlanetUni prayer, Yuong, Joyce, and Melissa felt my forehead and it was still warm. God was asking, do you want to be healed? I said yes, Jesus.

During the train ride back home I was still tired and weak, leaning my head against the window. I plugged my earphones to listen to Secret Place, our church album. Then the train officer had to wake me up to check my Myki. “Tired?” he asked. I said yes.

All the while I was thinking, if I’m as sick as this, I wouldn’t mind talking with Jesus all the time, either in words or in tongues. Because nothing else would matter. I was showering at 9.15pm, and I told God how this sickness had made me closer to Him this day. He showed me at least 2 mental pictures (which I’ll write about soon). I didn’t mind being sick if that meant greater intimacy with Him. I said, “This is who I am”. I was looking at the ceiling. Suddenly, the cold feeling went away in an instant, along with the tiredness, aches and pains (which by that time was quite bad, 5/10). Muscle aches dropped to 1/10 - it’s not 0 because of my workout yesterday. After showering, in excitement I asked my housemate to feel my forehead - it's not warm anymore! I still had a bit of headache (also 1/10) around my eyebrows, which I think is from my tooth cavity [which will be the next miracle].

Praise Jesus, through His bruises we get healed!

1 comment:

Winston said...

seriously inspiring stuff, creski. haven't read such an honest, sincere or open article in a long time. thanks for sharing. it's been a while, hope we get to catch up someday! take care and looking forward to reading more of what God has in store for you next. good stuff, friend!!