Friday 20 January 2012

How I answered my interview questions

Or perhaps, how I would answer them now
  1. What course are you applying for?
    Medicine.

  2. Where do you want to study?
    Australia. I've got some relatives there, but I don't mind living in a different city.

  3. Tell us about yourself and your family.
    Well, my parents both grew up in a rural area, raised by farmer parents who perhaps had primary school education. They then moved out of the "kampung", pursued tertiary education and raised me as a person who values knowledge. That's how I started focussing on my studies in school and getting good results.

  4. Why do you want to be a medical doctor?
    I love a challenge. I think a medical course provides serious intellectual challenge. It also enables me to help suffering people in the process, so it's not just a blind challenge. In my secondary school, I learned the values of faith, service and community. I can see myself embodying these values as a medical doctor who stands in his faith, and provides service above himself to the community around him.

  5. Situational question: You are in medical school, you have 3 assignments and 1 week to complete them. What will you do?
    It will be a very busy week. First, I will focus on the most important assignment (giving the most marks). Gaming and social time will be cut down for this week. I might need to sleep less too. If I still can't finish all of them, then I'll consider asking for an extension [I remember actually saying this].

  6. Tell us about your co-curricular activities.
    I was in Taekwondo and Boy Scouts. I also like singing, playing guitar, and playing chess. I also joined the Science Quiz team and the Debating team.

  7. Do you have any questions for us?
    Do I have to pay the education loan in full once I'm done studying?
    Can I work overseas for a while before returning home?
    [My impression was, you should ask questions to show them your interest]

1 comment:

Ruby Claire said...

Some sterling question rotate your mind for answer, such as "what is your weakness"





Interview Questions