Sunday 14 February 2010

Beginnings

Taglines

You might have seen the taglines at the bottom right of this blog. I'm going to talk a bit more about them today.

Well, I started having these "yearly mottos" around 2004-5 (if there was one for 2004, it was probably Believe in the Divine). Somewhere else, I wrote Strive for Excellence. From there stemmed Do your best, let God do the rest. So I had a few for that year, but I consider the first as the main one.

Why have them? Probably to settle into a life mould, like getting into a new habit, because we know all too well how humans tend to 'default' to slack mode. Not to mention the unhealthy lifestyle, guilty conscience, unproductive periods - i.e. the mess - that it brings. So it's a bit like laying straight tracks for my life train to run on.

2005 was To the limits. Mainly because of my A2 in Moral in Form 5. So, presumably no more of that, eh? I targeted 4.00 in matriculation college, and after starting IB, set my goal at 40/42 minimum for the internal exam. My actual points was 39, and that's with a 79% in Bio. So it was literally 1 mark away from 40.

2006 was Nothing wasted, all for God (actually I said "for Yosua", i.e. Jesus). Not really sure why that was my theme for the year. I mean, looking back, I didn't really waste much time in Sem 1. Heck, I actually wasted more time in Sem 2 '06 because of my new laptop. And DotA! Grrr.

So perhaps that's what the year motto was foretelling? Hmm, maybe. You see, I believe that whatever challenges lie ahead of us, it's never too big for us. I mean, they're always too big for us. But that's why there's the Big Guy. And Big Guy gives a Big Gun. Have you heard of it? It's called Grand Rumbling Awesome Creative Empowerment. Or grace for short. When we receive grace, no problem is too big for us.

2007, stepping into my final college sem, just before getting my academic passport to enter uni, I set Full blast, full speed, in full faith. I remember that this was in Taginambur church.

You know what else am I thinking? That all these "power words" perhaps don't just come from within me. As in, I didn't just come up with a few nice words, string them together, and walla, I have a year theme. No. I believe that someone put it there inside me. Someone deposited in me, at the right time of the year, as my supply bag for the pressures that are to come.

More later.

No comments: