Friday 12 February 2010

Unpacking

It took me all day to unpack and arrange my stuff 2 days ago. I brought: a 15-kg big bag, a 7-kg small bag, and a laptop bag.

Sad thing is, the AliCafe and Indocafe? 3-in-1 instant coffee were confiscated at Melbourne airport (though I already ensured they were non-dairy). Reason? They probably used animal-derived products (sodium caseinate, was it?). So what kind of coffee can I bring? Something made in Singapore, or Indonesia, or NZ or Aus. But not Malaysia.

So I'm left with books, clothes and of course my new Dell 1440.

I can tell you it's no easy job to unpack and arrange all your stuff, especially if you're sharing a room with a roommate (and it's smaller than 15x15 feet). What I had to do was arrange all the bits of paper on my desk, put it under my bed, and then take out the rest of my stuff. And oh yes, the bags have to go under my bed first before the notes/books. So that's a bit of tetris in my bedroom.

I realised (since 1 year ago) that I keep a lot of potential trash. Grrr. They're annoying when you're spring cleaning, but are even more annoying if they're not found when needed. Like my laptop claim form. I lost it! Thankfully Pae sent me a copy last week.

Other happenings:
  • Went jogging and played soccer at Princes Park. Ahh... my cardio park.
  • Played boxing on Wii Sports and really sweat it out.
  • Went around the Suzuki night market, tasting chocolates, kebabs and Persian dishes.
And someone gave me a book, with a written message in it saying, May God guide you through His path:

No comments: