Wednesday 15 December 2010

Access

Right, I'll be quick on this one--AMS Figures need some work

Too many people complain too often about not receiving their rights. They are entitled to this, they say, and that, and that, and... "I deserve better pay, better treatment, better packages, etc." If you think I'm criticising certain ungrateful attitudes and behaviours in people, you're spot on correct.

You see, if we imagine the situation objectively, put it out on the table, and turn our eyes to look from a different angle, it's not hard to appreciate the comforts that are already there in life. In the mornings I wake up thanking my Father who has given me the opportunity to reside overseas as I pursue university education. This is beyond the reach of my parents' wallet, yet God proves to supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. I got a million-ringgit scholarship with no bond. I'm given a 3-way access - to a first-world country, to finances, and to Medicine, a field people are dying to get into. It's of course easy to take things for granted - but I really wish I say my word of utter thanks each and every day that I live.

Scientist. That's one of the words I wrote under the heading "Occupation/Ambition" when I was 9 to 12 years old. And 10 years on, I'm now in a research lab that drives discoveries on the human nervous system. Some might take the pessimistic stance and say that research is full of boredom - you know, waiting for incubations, dead cells, failed experiments, disproved hypotheses, negative findings - but in this I beg to differ. As much as I hate these challenges, I take pleasure when they happen because it's telling me a road not to take. Truth is a pinnacle. That's why it's so difficult. It takes ages to establish one. In the mean time, why don't we lab people talk a little bit more about family, vision in life, and views on God?

Can't thank Him enough for this level of access I'm given.

No comments: