Thursday 27 September 2012

Thankful

Thankful for today



It could have gone wrong. My alarm woke me at 5.30am, but I went back to sleep and only got up at 7am. There goes my plan to get the free early bird train ride - I had to pay $5.50 instead. That's not a perfect launch.

But 14 hours' worth of wisdom later, I can't help but be thankful as I look back on the day. Our consultant paediatrician was happy with my case presentation during the PBL tute. That was an imaginary case of a boy with poorly controlled asthma. Our senior registrar was also very happy with my case presentation as I shadowed her until 8pm. This was a real case of a boy with acute bronchiolitis. Thank God for these opportunities!

And I could take for granted the rest of the learning experiences today - tutes with 2 consultants on genetics and a case of possible lung abscess, and my first time seeing forceps delivery - but I choose to be thankful. To God. Bad starts don't mean bad endings. In the end, it all went all right.



Picture credit: faithcenter.files.wordpress.com

No comments: