Wednesday 27 May 2009

The Pride of Life

A seriously big life lesson
Sounds like me. Illidan the demon hunter. The solo warrior. The university student who lives a normal life in the eyes of society but works ultra diligently in his secret laboratory. The mathematician who works on equations as a recluse. A hermit. Who dreams of a recognition as grand as the Nobel Prize, because that would set the world’s eyes on him. And his name would be remembered in generations to come. In history books. He would be immortal.
It's like saying in my heart: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God...I will be like the Most High." (Isaiah 14:13-14)
It's the sin of pride.
I've been too proud, too skeptical at other people. At people whom You want to position as spiritual leaders over my life right now. God, teach me to be humble.
Picture credits: tengu-pro.onenexus.com

No comments: