Saturday 9 May 2009

Procrastination?

One of the things I have been wanting to do is to contact potential AMS supervisors about their (my) project(s). Finally did it yesterday morning, in between lecture and tutorial time.

The project titles I've highlighted as interesting:
  1. Roles for the intrinsic mitochondrial pathway in neuronal apoptosis
  2. What factors control the movement of cortical interneurons?
  3. Abnormal secretion of α-synuclein in Parkinson's disease and SOD-1 (superoxide dismutase 1) in motor neuron disease
  4. Role of IRAP (insulin-regulated aminopeptidase) in the Central Nervous System
A far cry from my EE two and a half years ago: "A Statistical Investigation on the Effect of Background Music on Short-term Memory Capacity of College Students". But definitely on the same empirical grounds of experimenting, getting results and analysing them.

And my EE is still on my hard drive. This laptop's been through a lot.

No comments: