Tuesday 20 July 2010

Faith & Favour

Quotes from Day 29-35.

29. But the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
30. It's "the blessed life", not "the blessed chequebook".
31. Nothing is too hard for [him]. I know my God is able, I know his love never fails.
32. God can't accept an offering that's not firstborn or firstfruits.
33. What's the root of all evil: money or the love of it?
34. Don't apologise for God's favour upon your life.
35. Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing.

Also, can I just share something about God's blessings in life? You see, I was giving my whole tithe (maybe bringing my tithe is a more accurate word) until April last year. I decided to sponsor a child long-term, but took money out of my tithe to do that. One of my relatives told me that that was Scripturally a wrong act. Even The Blessed Life teaches that if we don't bring back to God what's His in the first place, all our finances are cursed. So I made a decision by faith to give my full tithe, and maintain my other offerings for as long as possible. I guess you're waiting to hear God's blessings now? Well, without trying to be materialistic but still giving a balanced picture of what I've been receiving over the past 2 weeks, here it is:
3.25 a friend treated me McFlurry
3.30 a different person treated me mocha
3.50 another friend treated me 3-layer tea
9.00 yet another friend treated me a meal (pork :)
60.00 a friend gave me his (free) ticket to a 3-course meal
I just realised that it's in increasing order, haha! And I believe that it's not over yet. God is willing to rain down His favour upon us, as long as we're willing to pass it on to the next person who really needs it much more than us. And can I say that it's much more about the heart than anything else? We don't give to get. We give to give.

As written in Psalm 145, verse 15 - The eyes of all look expectantly to You, and You give them their food in due season.

Thank You, King.

Picture credit: *maxwindy (Deviant Art)

No comments: