Thursday 23 September 2010

Dapat kerja

Now this is a post that I write just so that there is something in each month (now September)

I just got a job last week. A nursing student needed a private tutor for Anatomy and Physiology. I've been searching for jobs on Careers Online since mid-July (2 months ago), hoping for a job to occupy me this semester. Talking with the carpark attendants also enlightened me on job opportunities; for a moment I was considering work as a waiter in a hotel (5 star). Well, what was available was not a waitering position, but a kitchen hand. I figured that a more interactive job like a waiter would be more valuable in my CV, so I put off the kitchen hand for a while. In my institute's intro pack, it was suggested that tutoring is another potential form of work that is value-adding. I mentioned it to a friend, and he said it's also good financially because it is cash-in-hand. And then this job appeared on the web. I emailed the person, thinking that I was too late. But I wasn't, so I got the job. Thank God!

It's been a big turn-around since the last couple of months. Just read at my posts and you'll see the financial struggles that burdened me. But I wasn't like a stranded vagabond in a far away land with nothing to eat and wear, because God's provision (especially food) still flowed during that time. I just can't thank God enough!

It actually was a strange feeling when I got my first pay (in cash!). Satisfying...fulfilling...almost triumphant. For a moment my motive was kicked to the side - off from the main target which is to help someone so that this person can help others.

But that's for the next post.

No comments: