Sunday 29 August 2010

Money

Yet another (potential) worry

I expected my allowance to come on Thursday. Well, normally it would arrive on the next day because it's an international transfer from my sponsor, probably made at 12.00am on Thursday. Midnight in KL would be 2 or 3am in Melb, so it would appear on Friday when I check my online account.
A bit of background on what's happening: I had run out of money since Monday- almost all of it. One of my accounts has $15. Three others have $5 each, so that's $30 left. I'm awaiting for payment from 2 other people, bringing my net current asset to $115. This is my broke-est week in Melbourne so far!
But it wasn't there yet on Friday. Nor on Saturday. Now it's Sunday, and still isn't there. It's frustrating, and I feel like grumbling to my sponsor. But my Father owns my sponsoring agency/council, and I would be grumbling to Him. Is that the right thing to do?

Today I woke up with the thought that His Word prevails in spite of my feelings. Though I might feel broke, I actually really am not, because God owns everything, especially the things I need.

I opened Philippians chapter 4, verse 19 (NKJV, NLT and AMP), and this is what I find:
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Ha! I'm dictated by God's Word, and not by my (sometimes dire) circumstances. This is another opportunity to see Him come through. I won't worry, God. Because I know Your perfect, unchanging character.

Picture credit: ireward.com.au

No comments: