Saturday 28 June 2008

A new hobby

It began 4 weeks ago on 22nd June '08. And it just got me hooked.

Proverbs 2:1-9 (NKJV)

1 My son, if you receive my words,
*
And treasure my commands within you
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom

*
And apply your heart to understanding
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment

*
And lift up your voice for understanding
4 If you seek her as silver

*
And search for her as for hidden treasures
5 Then you will understand the fear of the
Lord
*
And find the knowledge of God
6 For the
Lord gives wisdom
*
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding
7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright

*
He is a shield to those who walk uprightly
8 He guards the paths of justice

*
And preserves the way of His saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice

*
Equity and all good paths.

I'm into brains. So if cognition and memory are the functional aspect of the noodles in our heads, then I guess memorizing Scripture is an excellent brain workout. It's called laying up His words in our hearts, and also hiding His word in our hearts (Job 22:22, Ps. 119:11).

It kept my brain warmed up during the chilly winter break.

No comments: