Wednesday 10 March 2010

Supply Bags

Beginnings, part 2.

So what was my supply bag for 2008? So run to win. Mentioned in verse 24, chapter 9, in 1st Corinthians. It really struck me once I saw a video of the Beijing Olympics, where Usain Bolt broke the 100m sprint record. I realised that to win my race, I gotta run. Not jog, walk, stand or sit. Run. It tells me that what I've gotta do is pretty specific, and I can't get it done another way. And I've gotta run my race. Not other peoples'. Makes a big difference. It also says to win. What's a common factor in winners? They train (really) hard. That's what they do every day.

For 2009, the words I received were: Looking unto God (Jesus), the Author and Finisher of our Faith. As of now I'm still thinking through the aftermath of my Sem 4 result, which - if I compared to my targeted marks and grades - is disastrous, so this isn't entirely clear to me yet. It seems strange why a year that began so well (straight H1 final result...made up of H1 in almost all tests) ended with my worst result since starting uni. Maybe God's saying, "Hey, relax. I'm still here with you, Creski. Why don't you take your eyes off your disappointments and look to me instead?"

So here I am, waiting on the next instructions, a bit like a German shepherd waiting for his owner's commands. Or more like a Private waiting on the General's word. I keep doing what's routine (wake up, do devotion during quiet time, make breakfast, brush my teeth, wax my hair, etc), but the challenge is to keep a sensitive ear to His words saying: This is the way, walk in it. This is my 2010.

Ooh, I can tell you that I'm expecting a lot of stuff, especially new, exciting ones. A sneak peek: I'm doing Advanced Neuroscience at Howard Florey Institute/Florey Neuroscience Institutes, starting in July. I'm expecting discovery. Oh yeah.


Picture credit: operations.mod.uk

No comments: