Thursday 17 June 2010

Confession (2)

Written on Fri, 28 May 2010
(while revising week 3)

Father, my transcript is no longer my own
I let go of my claim/possession, and lay it at Your feet
My utmost is for Your highest
All this intense, dedicated, hard study is for the glory of Your name, Jesus

As I flashback
I remember asking for Your help when I did my Primary 1 final exam:
'God, help me get the best results'
...maybe I even asked for #1...
And truly, You gave it to me
You answered my prayer by giving to me
What I could never get on my own

It was Your grace that I experienced, Father
Your empowerment - divine
That gives me the ability to go beyond my natural ability
And I don't want it to end
I discovered that the more
I rise, the more I need You

Perhaps my consistent above-average final mark since Sem2 (MBBS)
Doesn't really say much about my ability

To the outsiders who casually look, yes,
Maybe that's their first impression
But upon closer observation, they'll discover
How much my strategy (its effectiveness)
Actually depends on God

Coz I don't just study 8 hours a day blindly
Neither do I just revise at the last minute,
Proving 'genius'/super memoriser status

I've mentioned before: What I cannot accomplish
by intelligence/IQ alone, I'll make up with extra effort/hard work
But that's not the whole story
It actually goes like this:

My deficiency in IQ/intelligence
will be topped up by God's Holy Spirit
'He gives wisdom to the wise,
And knowledge to those who have understanding'
Daniel and his 3 colleagues were 10X wiser than the other 'wise men' of their day - why?
Because God gave them the empowerment
Similarly God gives me His empowerment
My lack of discipline/motivation/passion to 'sweat it out'/hit the books/memorise/study is overcome, likewise by God's strength
'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'

Now what if I don't get a good score despite all this? (e.g. below/average mark, missing my target, not meeting requirements)

To be continued.

No comments: