Saturday 22 August 2009

The Mark

People pick it up (Yes, they do)
Just listened to a brain surgeon telling stories of his journey in his learning and training.


One interesting message that he got across is:
It's more than just what you say. It's what you do.
What's more, it's what you do with passion and commitment.


It might be the few extra hours that you put in every day.


Might be the few extra people/patients that you'd take the time to talk to.


Might be the extra spare that you could have spent on yourself, but chose instead to give to others.


Whatever it is, if you know it, then keep doing it.


Because people pick it up.


The mark of passion, commitment, dedication.

p/s: Just today I feel really thankful to be alive,
for it means to be appreciated for the deeds that
you take the trouble to carry out. For the seed that
you sow.
I've always been fond of teaching, as in, sharing
knowledge with my friends so that they can pick up
things like math, science, etc. And today in Anatomy prac
a fellow student said to me: You're a good tutor.
For my PBL tute feedback, my tutor generally
gave me very positive, encouraging feedback, ("You've
been the best board scribe") and I saw him tick all the
nicest boxes in his checklist.

God, I'm so happy to live, I don't even know how to write it out!

No comments: