Thursday 3 December 2009

Battle of 'the real world' (3)

Part XVII.

Neuroscience - This is it

A
Hmmm, let this first half be "Battle of Photographs", because that is essentially what the Prac exam is. I reckon it's a great paper too, although I did make a mistake because I didn't know the answer then. People said this paper was hard, and that's mainly because it was ultra-specific. That's the usual method of catching med students 'off guard'.

B
As for the combined OSCE and Neurological/Musculoskeletal Physical Exam, it ended on a high note for me. After finishing around 2pm, I didn't have to wait hours like I did last semester. I think I covered the content well for the symptom of tension-type headache, although I wish I could be more fluent with my questioning and "conversation". I could also have improved on the fluency of my answer for the doctor's question at the end. And as bonus, perhaps I could have differentiated between infrequent, frequent and chronic subtypes of TTH. But oh well, it was a superb exam overall. Surprising thing for the physical was, I ended before the 6-minute bell, and as I was about to leave, the actor said, "There's another one" (1 minute later). So we chatted about going back home, holiday plan, etc.

C
Summer truly is a liberating time. No external commitments, study loads, other-imposed duties, etc. It's all from you - i.e. you decide what you wanna spend your time on. And I've amazed myself because of my discipline in exercising/working out during the past 2 weeks. Just today I was doing shrugs in CS gym. Never knew that I could shrug 20 kilos! Now time to see the traps grow =)

No comments: