Tuesday 14 July 2009

Age of Ice

How a movie speaks my mind.

But before that,
LZ said:
Not trying to ask you to fool around, but, why not give yourself and her a chance, if both of you are fond of each other?
To answer your question, I think, yes, perhaps I am going to give it a chance. But it's not K anymore; it's N who really attracts me now (no idea how she feels about me though).

Anyway...
Adventure. That's what the movie's about. That's what kids are about too. And that's what I like about kids: their sense of wanting to explore and discover all that they could. The world is so huge, there is surely something new that no-one has dreamed about before--and that's what you're living for.

I like this guy. You can see him testing his full sprinting speed in the pic. That's his sense of adventure, and I think most early 20s guys like trying out how much they can handle: how fast can they run, how heavy they can bench-press, how much money they can make, how many DotA games can they win, how much knowledge of science they can acquire, how many people can they lead, etc. But he has one dilemma, and that is being vulnerable, falling in love, having a family, and settling down. The question is, can you still have a great adventure even while you're attached to someone? How? (Yes, and that's my own big question now too)

Hah, the fierce-looking guy in the middle is another Adventurer. Just when he could leave Dino World and enter the land of Ice Age, he chose to turn back and destroy the way out forever. He lives for risk and for danger, and that is to ride on Rudy (the largest T-rex dino) like a wild horse. A bit like Pirates of the Carribbean 3, where the guy (Orlando Bloom--William?) got stuck in the seas. And hey, this guy has a patch too!

Creativity. The little rodents in the movie flew on this pterodactyl like a jet fighter!

So what's the adventure? It's to rescue their friend Sid from this huge T-rex (which is actually smaller than Rudy).

Humour. Sid stuck in the dino's nostril. I found it so funny I couldn't possibly write out how I feel!

These two squirrels/whatever they are, are like a mini-drama that runs along the main storyline, and I couldn't help laughing at their wordless acts!

Video credit: vids.myspace.com

No comments: