Sunday 21 June 2009

Very Quickly (3)

Part III. 3rd midsem, 3rd assignment.
All over the place.

Even just thinking about the last 4 weeks of semester is daunting till now. Have you ever heard someone say, "it was really stressful, but I felt very satisfied with it"?
First off, it's the Age of Anatomy for me, the one I've always thought of when I was younger. Example: Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle. It's a way to remember the 8 wrist bones, going from the 1st row to the 2nd, from the thumb to the pinky side: 1st-Scaphoid, Lunate, Triquetrum, Pisiform. 2nd-Trapezium, Trapezoid, Capitate, Hamate (proximal, then distal; from lateral to medial on supinated hand).
Coupled with that are the musculoskeletal diseases, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Paget's disease, osteosarcoma, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, etc. I had much more trouble getting interested in these than the lung diseases.

Of course there were other stuff to busify me. Two AMS interviews. Physical Exam OSCE, where I felt that the cardio exam went in 5 minutes or so (total given 9 min). Day 6, and the box-hunt, including Zi's random but generous helping hand. Monday neuro lectures (I slept in several of them, and made a PlanetUni call during 1 of them). Twilight Concert, where we did Let it Be and Chasing Cars.

HP3, meanwhile, was all about critical appraisal, which I was initially unable to appreciate at all! Thankfully there was the assignment which I speedily drafted, and then put aside, then revised, then discussed, and then finally revised again before submitting it around midnight before the due date (as I always did with assignments...=).
Finally done with 15% of CRL (5% per test) and 30% of HP3 (10% per assignment). Honestly I felt very happy with the marks I've got. You know, like when you get more than you deserve?
It went very quickly. After the final 15-minute test on Monday, week 14, I did my best to transform that last week of semester into an extra SWOT VAC week, conditioning myself to the routine of revising. Maybe that's why my SWOT VAC experience this time around felt different from before. What's different? It's very fruitful.

Picture credit: physioweb.org

No comments: