Tuesday 24 November 2009

It will all be good (12)

Part VIII. Vestibulocochlear nerve

Full & occupied nights

γ
So yesterday, there was the SoCA showcase at Lower Plenty (somewhere near Bondurra/Heidelberg) at 7pm. I came just in time to see the last song performed, and that was at 9.30pm. What took me so long?

From Williamstown, I reached Melbourne Central at 7pm. So I was already late to start with. Worse, the train I wanted only arrived at 7.22pm. I was meant to stop at Rosanna. However, as I sat in the train with my little story book, I dozed off, and when I was awake again, it was already at Eltham, about 5 stops from Rosanna. That was past 8pm. So I hopped on the train going back from where I was, and reached the station. And it's not over yet.

I needed to take a bus to reach the building where the showcase was held. I missed the 8.15pm bus, while the 8.45pm bus did not take the route I wanted. The next bus was 9.15pm. That's why I reached so late!

δ
Flashback to week 8 (2nd week of Sept), the week after camp.

Monday was hangout day with Dinesh, my former academic rival for 3 (four?) years in high school. Dinesh, still remember Ms J saying: "My left and my right"? (She was handing out report cards in rank order...and we were sitting right next to one another, and there was no way I could beat your score; usually my Bio and Sej brought my average down.)

Tuesday was Brian's birthday. It's quite random to play his game of self-questionnaire. Even more random, I then made a song out of it. It's called Paddington Bear, using the tune of Everywhere (Avril Lavigne) - so it's not totally original.

We had Budok and Nad's surprise birthday on Wednesday night. Also, I did the sleep research that night. It's a project by Dr Chris Worsnop, our Sem3 Respiratory Physiology/Clinical Medicine lecturer.

Had dinner with Shafiq, Izul, Naseef and Jason at Nando's on Thursday. It was really funny, because while I wanted to avoid spending $6-7 at Intersection Cafe with Syarul (wanted to eat at home), I ended up spending twice the amount somewhere else.

Apollo Underground II at Richmond was on Friday night. Then Jie drove me to the Corporate Prayer Meet at Collingwood. Wan Ting sent me home. What an eventful evening.

And on Saturday, after giving out cupcakes to the homeless with Novi, she asked me to give out the leftovers (2 big boxes!).

No comments: