Monday 23 November 2009

It's Best to Obey (13)

Part VII. Facial nerve

Pit stops, not sleeping bunny!

α
My diary entry for 9th Sept (09/09/09) reads: started playing Travian. I'd log into the computers in the ERC to give instructions like build a barracks or train an army of Theutates Thunder. My time in between classes is used to care for my village. I employed c69's Offensive Gauls strategy.

But it took so much of me, it's almost like a 1-month-old infant! I needed to care for it before the Apollo gig at Grand Central Hotel, during iftar at Malaysian Hall, and for almost all of my remaining free time. It drained all the remaining bits of the finite attention that I still had.

My diary entry one week later read: wanna quit Travian.

So I got rid of my account.

I admit that it wasn't easy, but when God tells me to stop, I set in my head that it's best for me to obey.

β
By the way, as for today's story, I had a good time with Jie and Kelvin at Williamstown beach. Walked around a bit, enjoying the cool sea breeze, had the signature fish and chips, and made the sea gulls fight for our last piece of fries.

Earlier, in the lab, we re-probed last week's protein analysis membrane (Western blot), with puzzling results. I'm also glad to have helped Syarul with some cash supply.

The story goes on in the evening as I went to a place in the northern suburbs, interestingly called Lower Plenty. I'll save it up for tomorrow.

Picture credit: travian.com.au

No comments: